As we begin performing routine dental care, you can be assured that our commitment to our patients’ safety and well-being remains our top priority. Dentistry was safe before the COVID-19 outbreak, and it remains safe after. Dental treatment rooms are cleaned with bactericidal and virucidal cleaners before and after each patient visit.
We utilize surface barrier protection to prevent germs from spreading. All instruments are heat sterilized. In addition to utilizing many disposable products, we wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the safety of our patients.
Since the pandemic began, additional Infection Protection and Control Guidelines were developed by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in collaboration with the Ontario Ministry of Health. In accordance with new guidelines, we have been taking additional safety measures to protect our patients and our team. These include:
- Practicing Social Distancing.
- COVID-19 screening before every visit and in-office screening including taking temperatures.
- Limiting the number of people who are in the office at all times.
- Sanitization of patients' hands and devices.
- Increasing PPE for patients and dental team.
- Limiting of aerosol generating procedures. You will also see some new and additional equipment in our treatment rooms and clinical areas.
- Barrier Shield in the reception area.
- UV Lights to disinfect rooms after each patient, and UV Lights + Ozone for night time use.
- Air Purifiers with 5 layers of filtration, including HEPA filter, Germicidal and Carbon filters.
- Powerful vacuum system to capture extraoral aerosol (for aerosol generating procedures).
We want you and our team to always feel comfortable and safe in Floss & Smile Dental Practice!
We look forward to seeing you soon!